Chicago 303 – Supervising Electrician
- Chicago 303 Supervising Electrician
Written Examination given on announced dates.
THERE ARE ONLY TWO TESTING CRITERIA FOR THE SUPERVISING ELECTRICIAN EXAMINATION.
THEY ARE: SUPERVISING ELECTRICIAN AND SUPERVISING LOW VOLTAGE ELECTRICIAN.
Study Guide: Chicago Supervising Electrician Study Guide
- Applicable fees and exam dates can be located at www.continentaltesting.net Click on: Application Services, then Chicago. The professions are listed.
- Application fee. Payment is by check or money order, made payable to the: City of Chicago.
- All applicants must be 21 years of age and must provide an original signed letter(on company Stationery) from their current or former employer’s “Supervising Electrician”.
- The letter must verify the dates of employment and establish a minimum of two (2) years’ cumulative experience in the installation, maintenance or alteration of building wiring systems relating to the applicant’s category of the Supervising Electrician’s license examination.
- The letter must include a description of the applicant’s duties and responsibilities and be signed by a Supervising Electrician with an active City license.
- The letter must include the Electrical Contractor’s license number.
- If the applicant’s work experience is limited to a State, County, or local jurisdiction, which does NOT require licensing and/or registration of electrical contractors, or electrical wiring permits, the applicant must provide a letter of verification from that jurisdiction along with a detailed, chronological history of the applicant’s work experience.
- The letter must be accompanied by a photocopy of the employer’s Electrical Contractor license photo ID card.
- Fees, this form, and supplemental materials must be mailed to:
City of Chicago
P.O. Box 388249
Chicago, Illinois 60638-8249
- The Chicago Supervising Electricians Licensure Examination is an open book examination. This is the ONLY book the candidate is allowed to bring into the examination.Chicago Electrical Code 2018 Edition. NFPA 70: National Electrical Code with Chicago Amendments. TABS ARE ALLOWED. Tabs may mark sections of the Code, but notes, highlighting or other changes to the published text are prohibited. The Chicago City Council amends the Municipal Code of Chicago to adopt amendments to the 2017 edition of the National Electrical Code: NFPA 70. The Chicago Electrical Codd 2018 Edition supports up-to-date standards for safe implementation of advancing technologies to ensure that the end-user can take advantage of this innovation without endangering themselves or their property. CTS also provides a reference document with changes the Chicago City Council made after the 2018 Chicago Electrical Code was published. This document can be downloaded free on the CTS website at www.continentaltesting.net. CTS also provides a clean, unmarked copy of this document for each candidate on the day of the test.
FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS, SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF PAGE AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE PROMPTS
CTS recommends that candidates download these changes in the 2018 Chicago Electrical Code to prepare for exams. These changes do not appear in the book published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). Questions based on these sections will appear in these exams. Click here for the document.
Applications must be received by the close of business on the deadline date.
|Exam Title||Exam Date||Deadline||City||Fees|
|Written Exam may be held on multiple dates.||Nov 1, 2022||Sept 15, 2022||Chicago, IL.||$70.00|
|Written Exam may be held on multiple dates.||May 3, 2023||Mar 14, 2023||Chicago, IL.||$70.00|
Print Information For Your Records
Please take a brief moment to make sure you have read through all of the information:
* IF YOU ARE A RETAKE CANDIDATE:
Do not apply to RETAKE an exam until you have received your Official Result Letter from Continental Testing Services.
* THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OF TESTING FEES!
If you are a FIRST TIME or RETAKE candidate with an Official Result Letter, please continue.
Print Information For Your Records